Sunday, August 31, 2014

Rebooted

*an original poem by Marie-Therese Knepper

Rebooted


I went to see a doctor who
referred me to a tech
Being stuck in mid-life pause
I figured - what the heck

I'll go and see the techie
hear what he has to say
After all, when it comes to me
no price's too high to pay 

He told me "It's your motherboard.
You hearin' what I'm sayin'?
Somehow you got stuck in rewind
when life you should be playin'."

I looked at him, confounded.
"What'd you mean?" I said at last
"I mean," he said not meanly,
"you've been livin' in your past.

"Dude, you got a virus
Somewhere back in time
when you were young, is my best guess
A parental paradigm

"You've got it bad, so bad in
fact, I'll wave my standard fee
Do exactly what I tell you
and you will be set free."

We sat and talked and searched until
we knew we'd found the cure
It'd be safe for me to enter
My whole system'd be restored.

I'm all backed-up and running now!
To be sure I don't repeat
the past now in my future:
all that trash stays in delete.


 Marie-Therese Knepper

*all works published on this blog are my original works and protected by U.S. Copyright Laws

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home